EMPOWERING THE LIFELINE OF THE SOCIETY – WOMEN
Inequalities or differences can be reduced when we empower the Women and create their own individualities. The objectives and activities of The World Community Service Centre includes educating people about equality of all the human beings without any discrimination on the grounds of sex, colour, caste, creed, language, religion or nationality. Number of programs and courses offered by WCSC to educate and empower Women and improve their economic and social standing.
Vethathiri Maharishi always emphasized, that respect for woman, in every role she plays, be it as a mother, sister, daughter, wife or friend, is one of the primary responsibility of every human. He even replaced the word responsibility with fundamental requirement of every human being.
Women are the real architects of the society and together with their support a new World where everlasting Peace dwells can be built with wiser hands.
Swamiji beautifully says, “Women are not superior to men, Men are not superior to Women, Women and Men are not equal”, do not puzzle over this, he then simply, yet elegantly ends this with:-“Women are a Gift, they are precious treasures”.
WCSC has numerous projects which aims to empower Women:-
1. Pudhu Vaazhu (New Life) Project, Govt of Tamil Nadu – A project under The Government of TamilNadu , allotted 2684 Villages (100 women in each village) are being trained in Yoga.
2. Yoga for Women empowerment, a program for development. This scheme is designed to instill SKY Education and Practices, Healthy Habits, Ecological Environment Protection and to improve Women Empowerment.
3. Women International Spiritual Educational (WISE) Trust was founded as a wing of The World Community Service Centre (WCSC), Tamil Nadu, India on February 5, 1994.This trust provides successful training courses to many women in rural areas, which consists of physical exercises, meditation, Kayakalpa and Introspection.
Apart from this vocational and computer trainings approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu, such as, tailoring, typewriting, spoken English and computer applications were given through the Annai Logambal Technical Training Centre. It has helped women find gainful employment in private organizations and government departments.
The scheme gives special attention to Rural Women Empowerment, Especially in Health, Education, and Nutrition Programs for Pregnancy, Financial Management and Improves Entrepreneurial Skills.
4. Village Service Project, a successful Rural Development project run by WCSC. More than 180 (till 2019) villages have benefitted from this program. Special Training particularly for tailoring is conducted at the village level by professionals and certificates are issued by the WDC / competent authorities upon completion.Deadditction camps, counselling and Self-help is taught to villagers.Read more…
5.Teacher Training Women form a significant portion (over 70%) of the teachers trained every year by SMART, a training wing of WCSC.
30th of August every year is celebrated as the “Wife Appreciation Day” to commemorate and show gratitude to the valuable contribution of Women/Wife. The celebration and day focusses on the multiple roles that the women play in the family and society and appreciates their contribution./p>
Addresses Women Centric problems of the Society
Addresses Male domination
Help to understand the sacrifices Women make
Valuable contribution of Women in every area
Family Dynamics post and pre-Marriage
Man-Woman relationship – the taboo discussions
Founder Shri. Vethathiri Maharishi has elaborately mentioned about the “Greatness of Women” in his books and articles. In all his teachings, discussion and practices he has emphasized the key role that women occupy in individual, family and society at large.
Swamji celebrated his Wife’s birthday, as Wife Appreciation day or Family Harmony day. SKY family across the world celebrates this occasion as a festival a celebration of the Divine relationship between the husband and wife.
Swamiji’s love for his wife was infinite. For a great soul like him who saw Divinity in every living being, his wife was kept at the pinnacle. There are numerous times where he mentions, that without her support, her love, her show of strength and belief in him he would not have accomplished the things that he did.
– “Wife Appreciation Day” is the first of its kind in the World. The day is dedicated for the backbone of the family – “Wife”. It is celebrated on 30th August every year to reiterate the greatness of womanhood shouldering responsibility as Wife.
DR KARTHIKEYAN (Ex– CBI Director) along with his wife in one of the Wife’s appreciation day organised in Aliyar—Pollachi. Vethathiri Maharishi looks on at the celebrations